Natural hair can be a hassle, especially if you’re new to the healthy-hair journey and feel lost in the dark when it comes to products to use and ways to style your hair without damaging it. But have no fear, Qweens has got your back and we’re giving you 10 natural hair gurus in different stages of their hair journey to help you stay inspired.
Kiitan A. - Her nickname should be “Crochet Qween” because she knows her way around a good crochet. If you’re looking for great protective styles for your type four hair with versatility you should definitely check out one of Kiitan’s tutorials. She also shows you ways to style and wear the different crochet styles she wear
3. Neki Cakes - If you’re looking for some help with curl definition and just taking care of your natural hair, Neki has got you. Her videos show you different ways to style your natural hair, and anything to do with keeping healthy hair, from showing you how she reduced shedding to her morning and night-time routines.
4. Afrocat - Afrocat knows how to slay a slick bun or ponytail look on 4b/c hair, that alone is an achievement. Her Instagram is filled with tips and tricks on how to keep your hair healthy, curls moisturised and defined and how to s-LAY your edges. She is the Qween of quick and easy styles that require little manipulation of your hair.
5. Jaynelle Nicole - For all our 4c sisters who want to rock their natural ‘fro, you need to give Jaynelle a follow. She has beautiful yet simple protective styles that show off the versatility of your natural hair. She has tips on how to “freshen up your fro when pressed for time”, how to trim your 4c hair and other simple protective styles that require little manipulation of the hair and curls.
6. Yinka Naturalista - Aside from her gorgeous yellow feed, Yinka is also hair goals. With long full hair, Yinka gives tips and tricks on hair growth, getting rid of dandruff and hair masks to moisturize your hair and stop breakage. So if you want to grow your hair or retain length, Yinka is the Qween for you!
7. Jane Nashe - If you’re currently rocking a TWA and don’t know what to do with it, Jane has got you. She’s got tips on how to lay your frontals, creating a sleek bun or ponytail look on short 4c hair and other protective styles. Jane is a great follow for beginners on the natural hair journey after the big chop.
8. Lilian Okibe - If you’re someone that wants great hair without using too many products, you should follow Lilian. She only uses natural products on her hair— eggs, shea butter and black soap. That’s it. Lilian also has tips on styling what she calls “long or awkward length hair,” and how to maintain wash-day hair after wash-day.
9. Sheila Ndinda - Sheila has got you on all your natural hair needs. From styling to maintaining your protective styles, to trimming your hair at home. She is a one-stop shop for 4c girls wanting to start a natural hair regimen ( she even has a video for that!) but don’t know where or how to begin.
10. Vivianna G. - Have you ever been on Pinterest searching for hairstyles and type “— hairstyle on natural hair?” Well, Vivianna is the pin you wish would come up with that search, but no worries because she’s on YouTube trying it all out for you. She has videos on trying “caucasian hairstyles” and dying her hair with Kool-Aid. She also has product reviews and hair care tips for you all while you join her on her journey to waist-length hair.